WRITE A 10 PAGE PAPER BASED OFF THE OUTLINE BELOW WITH REFERENCES.
DOUBLE SPACE NO PLAGIARISM
A. Term Paper Topic/Subject Matter: DIRECT TO CONSUMER ADVERTISING OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
B. Thesis Statement/ Main Idea: if no one needs it, no one will buy it. This is the industry that is been created by direct to consumer adverting of prescription drugs. Critics are of the idea that this kind of advertisement will result in increased health care costs, undermining the quality of healthcare and drug overconsumption. However, this is not the case the whole healthcare system is in a transition and this is just one of them.
C. Sources of Law
- Food and Drug Act
- Federal Trade Commission
- Patient Self-Determination Act
D. Topic Related Legal Cases (proponent and opposition, names of cases to be used)
- Virginia State Pharmacy Board v. Virginia Citizens Consumer Council
- Bigelow v. Commonwealth of Virginia, 421 U.S. 809
- Patterson Drug Co. v. Kingery, supra.
E. Major Points/ Areas of Paper Discussion
- Pros and Cons of direct to consumer advertisement of prescription drugs
- Regulation of prescription advertising
- Impacts of the advertising to the healthcare sector
- Is prescription drug advertising a problem or a solution?
This section will address both the advantages and disadvantages of advertising prescription drugs. It will also address some of the views of the critics.
Since the advertisement for prescribed drugs has been such a heated topic, it is crucial to address the laws that are regulating it.
This section looks at how advertising impacts the healthcare sector. Whether it has a positive impact or a negative impact.
Does the advertising cause a problem or solve a problem if so which one?