In this Assignment, you will assess and recommend appropriate system software.
To: Technology Advisor
From: Software Acquisition Department
Re: Updating system software
We are currently in the process of evaluating our current systems. After we have determined the appropriate system software, we will assess whether our hardware is appropriate.
- Prepare a report explaining what system software is
- Evaluate different types of system software
- Recommend an appropriate system software
Please include the following in your report:
- Explain what an operating system does.
- How does the OS manage the processor?
- What activities are coordinated by the OS?
- How does the OS manage the computer’s memory?
- What is virtual memory and how does it work?
- How does the OS manage peripheral devices?
- What are device drivers?
- What is PnP?
- How does the OS coordinate software?
- What is the BIOS?
- What does the BIOS do?
- What is POST?
- What is the kernel?
- What are beep codes?
- What are three different operating systems? (Note: Only one can be Microsoft.)
- Which operating system would you recommend?
When answering these questions, please write 3 to 4 sentences on each topic. Use a minimum of 2 sources other than your book. Remember to cite your sources and APA