A. Perform a needs assessment for the healthcare organization in the scenario by doing the following:
1. Describe one area needing assessment in the organization’s health information management (HIM) workflow.
2. Explain one concern, related to adopting an EHR, that staff from the area needing assessment in part A1 may have.
3. Explain the functional needs that staff members in the HIM department may have.
4. Describe how the use of an EHR can affect privacy, security, and legal aspects in ways that differ from the use of a paper medical record.
B. Based on the needs assessment results in part A, propose a project plan for adopting an EHR for the healthcare organization in the scenario by doing the following:
1. Describe all of the elements that should be included in a project plan for adopting an EHR.
2. Explain how to form a project team.
3. Describe one benefit the healthcare organization could gain from adopting an EHR.
C. Examine elements of the vendor selection process by doing the following:
1. Justify how a cost-benefit analysis will help to focus the vendor selection process.
2. Discuss the difference between a request for information and request for proposal.
a. Explain why one might be preferred.
b. Explain why both may be used.
3. Explain the elements included in writing a request for proposal and the information included in each element.
4. Discuss how you would establish a good working relationship with vendors and company representatives involved in the selection process for new technology.
D. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.