our submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
A. Discuss the impact of a clinical practice problem on the patient(s) and the organization it affects.
1. Identify the following PICO components of the clinical practice problem:
â€¢ patient/population/problem (P)
â€¢ intervention (I)
â€¢ comparison (C)
â€¢ outcome (O)
2. Develop an evidence-based practice (EBP) question based on the clinical practice problem discussed in part A and the PICO components identified in part A1.Note: Refer to â€œAppendix B: Question Development Toolâ€ for information on the creation of an EBP question.
B. Select a research-based article that answers your EBP question from part A2 to conduct an evidence appraisal.
1. Discuss the background or introduction (i.e., the purpose) of the research article.
2. Describe the research methodology.
3. Identify the level of evidence using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice (JHNEBP) model.
Note: The article you select should not be more than five years old. Note: Refer to â€œAppendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Toolâ€ for information on how to level a research-based article.
4. Summarize how the researcher analyzed the data in the article.
5. Summarize the ethical consideration(s) of the research-based article. If none are present, explain why.
6. Identify the quality rating of the research-based article according to the JHNEBP model.Note: Refer to â€œAppendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Toolâ€ for information on how to establish the quality rating.
7. Analyze the results or conclusions of the research-based article and explain how the article helps answer your EBP question.
C. Select a non-research article from a peer-reviewed journal that helps to answer your EBP question from part A2 to conduct an evidence appraisal.
1. Discuss the background or introduction (i.e., the purpose) of the non-research article.
2. Describe the type of evidence (e.g., case study, quality improvement project, clinical practice guideline).
3. Identify the level of evidence using the JHNEBP model.Note: The article you select should not be more than five years old. Note: Refer to â€œAppendix F: Non-Research Evidence Appraisal Toolâ€ for information on how to level the non-research-based article.
4. Identify the quality rating of the non-research-based article according to the JHNEBP model.
5. Discuss how the authorâ€™s recommendation(s) in the article helps to answer your EBP question.
D. Recommend a practice change that addresses your EBP question using both the research and non-research articles you selected for Part B and Part C.
1. Explain how you would involve three key stakeholders in supporting the practice change recommendation.
2. Discuss one specific barrier you may encounter when implementing the practice change recommendation.
3. Identify one strategy that could be used to overcome the barrier discussed in part D2.
4. Identify one outcome (the O component in PICO) from your EBP question to measure the recommended practice change.
E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
F. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
File name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( )File size limit: 200 MBFile types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg, wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7z