- Read the following article:
Weigert, J., & Steenergen, S. (2012). The Connecticut Experiment: the Role of
Ultrasound in the Screening of Women with Dense Breast (PDF).
18(6), 517â€“522. doi:10/1111/tbj.12003
- 1.Describe the aim of this study.
- 2. Identify the computed values for:
- 3.Sensitivity, Specificity, Positive Predictive Value, and Negative Predictive Value.
- 4. Describe in one or two sentences what each of these computed values mean in this specific study (Sensitivity, Specificity, Positive Predictive Value, and Negative Predictive Value).
- 5.Describe the outcomes of this study in one or two sentences related to Sensitivity, Specificity, Positive Predictive Value, and Negative Predictive Value?
- 6.Describe how this type of research informs patient care and outcomes in this population. Can the outcomes of this research be generalized or applied to other populations? Why/why not?
- 7. Describe one implication of this type of research to inform policy and clinical guidelines.
- 8. Describe your area of greatest learning from this discussion this week with regard to your role as a DNP-prepared nurse.
Your post must have at least two unique peer-reviewed, scholarly references. These references should come from sources other than your textbook or web sites and must be included in the text of the initial discussion post.
Provides clear examples supported by course content and references. Cites three or more references, using at least one new scholarly resource that was not provided in the course materials. All instruction requirements noted.
Well-organized content with a clear and complex purpose statement and content argument. Writing is concise with a logical flow of ideas.