Being by reading the following article:
Merkler, et al. (2020).
Risk of ischemic stroke in patients with coronavirus disease 2019 ( COVID-19)
versus patients with influenza. Journal of the American Medical Association Neurology
- 1. Provide one sentence describing the objective of this study.
- 2. Describe the research design, the setting and research participants in one
- 3. Identify the time line for this study.
- 4. Identify the research design used for this study.
- 5. Describe the setting for this research study.
- 6. Review Figure 1, Table 1, Table 2, and Table 4. Interpret the data for each. Describe your interpretation of the data in one paragraph for each table or figure. Use the exact table or figure title as the subheading for this section of your assignment.
- 7. Describe the adjustments that were made in data analysis. Explain, in one or two sentences, why these adjustments were made.
- 8. Identify the parameters for confidence intervals established for this study.
- 9. Identify the odds ratio after adjustment for age, sex, and race for the likelihood of stroke for patients with COVID-19 and patients with influenza infection.
- 10. List the conclusions for this study.
- 11. Describe in one paragraph how you would apply the outcomes from this epidemiologic study to inform your practice as a DNP-prepared advanced practice nurse.
Submit your assignment as a Microsoft Word document to the assignment drop box by the due date. Label your assignment with your first initial, last name and assignment name.
The writer demonstrates a well-articulated understanding of the subject matter in a clear, complex, and informative manner. The paper content and theories are well developed and linked to the paper requirements and practical experience. The paper includes relevant material that fulfills all objectives of the paper. Follows the assignment instructions around expectations for scholarly references. Uses scholarly resources that were not provided in the course materials. All instruction requirements noted.
Through critical analysis, the submitted paper provides an accurate, clear, concise, and complete presentation of the required content. Information from scholarly resources is synthesized, providing new information or insight related to the context of the assignment by providing both supportive and alternative information or viewpoints. All instruction requirements noted.
The summary of the paper provides information validated via scholarly resources that offer a multidisciplinary approach. The studentâ€™s application in practice is accurate and plausible, and additional scholarly resource(s) supporting the application is provided. All questions posed within the assignment are answered in a well-developed manner with citations for validation. All instruction requirements noted.
Well-organized content with a clear and complex purpose statement and content argument. Writing is concise with a logical flow of ideas.
Correct APA formatting with no errors. The writer correctly identifies reading audience, as demonstrated by appropriate language (avoids jargon and simplifies complex concepts appropriately).Writing is concise, in active voice, and avoids awkward transitions and overuse of conjunctions. There are no spelling, punctuation, or word-usage errors.