Begin this assignment by accessing the enhanced version of the BRFSS Prevalence and Trends Tool. BRFSS( Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System)
You have the option of exploring the prevalence data by location or topic. Both routes enable you to view and download prevalence estimates through charts, graphs, and maps based on the path you direct. This version provides access to prevalence estimates from the BRFSS core data at the state level as well as data from Selected Metropolitan/Micropolitan Area Risk Trends (SMART). The prevalence estimates have been updated to include both crude prevalence and age-adjusted prevalence.
Submit your document as a Microsoft Word Document to the assignment drop box .
- 1. In the NRFSS Prevalence and Trends tool, select your state. Choose the class and topic, and 2019 as the year.
- 2. View by: Overall. Response: All responses. Data Type: Crude Prevalence.
- 3. Run the following reports:
- *Gender and Age Adjusted
- *Age-group and Crude Prevalence
- *Race-Ethnicity and Crude Prevalence
- *Education Attained and Crude Prevalence
- *Household Income and Crude Prevalence
- 4. Write a summary statement of one or two sentences about each of the reports you ran (step 3).
- 5.Describe, in Â½â€“1 page, how you will use/apply these epidemiologic findings in your practice as a DNP-prepared nurse.
- 6. Describe, in Â½â€“1 page, your area of greatest learning from this assignment and using this database.
The writer demonstrates a well-articulated understanding of the subject matter in a clear, complex, and informative manner. The paper content and theories are well developed and linked to the paper requirements and practical experience. The paper includes relevant material that fulfills all objectives of the paper. Follows the assignment instructions around expectations for scholarly references. Uses scholarly resources that were not provided in the course materials. All instruction requirements noted.
Through critical analysis, the submitted paper provides an accurate, clear, concise, and complete presentation of the required content. Information from scholarly resources is synthesized, providing new information or insight related to the context of the assignment by providing both supportive and alternative information or viewpoints. All instruction requirements noted.
The summary of the paper provides information validated via scholarly resources that offer a multidisciplinary approach. The studentâ€™s application in practice is accurate and plausible, and additional scholarly resource(s) supporting the application is provided. All questions posed within the assignment are answered in a well-developed manner with citations for validation. All instruction requirements noted.
Well-organized content with a clear and complex purpose statement and content argument. Writing is concise with a logical flow of ideas.
Correct APA formatting with no errors. The writer correctly identifies reading audience, as demonstrated by appropriate language (avoids jargon and simplifies complex concepts appropriately).Writing is concise, in active voice, and avoids awkward transitions and overuse of conjunctions. There are no spelling, punctuation, or word-usage errors.