A 66 year old divorce white woman with hx of depression and generalized anxiety. Has been to her primary care that prescribed her Effexor 75mg. She was not responding well with treatment and with lots of side effects. We cross taper and added Bupropion SR 100mg for about 2 weeks, then off Effexor, now on Bupropion 200mg. Now she is doing better. mood improved. socializing well.
This week, you complete a two-part journal entry.
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate efficacy of existential-humanistic therapy for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
- Analyze clinical supervision experiences*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 10.
For Part 1, select a client whom you observed or counseled this week (other than the client used for this weekâ€™s Discussion). Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether existential-humanistic therapy would be beneficial with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
For Part 2, reflect on your clinical supervision experiences. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- How often are you receiving clinical supervision from your preceptor?
- What are the sessions like?
- What is the preceptor bringing to your attention?
- How are you translating these sessions to your clinical practice?
By Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your Assignment.