For this lab assignment, you will â€œTell the Storyâ€ of a virus, focusing on the laboratory testing techniques that lead to the identification of the specimen, and the resultant disease diagnosis.
- Find a helpful video from the web (that is created by someone else) which outlines the laboratory testing process (such as gram staining, PCR, or neutralization testing).
- No need to do a video. just write up about any bacteria.
- The video you find should accurately illustrate the concept(s) being asked for above and help support your bacteria/virus selection.
- Provide a robust explanation which details the bacteria and/or virus you\’ve chosen and the resultant disease and/or pathologic condition.
- In your submission, use the two elements above to \”tell the whole story\” of your chosen bacteria or virus strain from discovery to the disease it causes within the body.
Please note the following:
- We will be repeating this exact assignment in weeks #4 and #5, with the expectation that you are to select a new bacteria and/or virus each week.
- All submissions will be graded using our class lab rubric.
- As stated in the instructions above, please submit your lab work in video format.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCompletion (100%)
Assignment meets required length and setup expectations as outlined in the assignment description.Spelling, punctuation, and grammar are correct. Both sentence and paragraph structures conform to current conventions.
10 to >5.0 pts
Meets all guidelines with no errors.
5 to >0.0 pts
Meets some of the guidelines; contains errors.
Does not meet guidelines.
Total Points: 10