Treatment Plan Instructions
Utilizing the Moore and Jongsma text as a guide, put together a Treatment Plan based upon a military individual with whom you are familiar (without interviewing or interacting, with no identifying information included) or a military character from a movie or book who has experienced combat-related PTSD, TBI, or another military service related mental health issue, as shown in the text, using the introduction and sample treatment plan as a template. If you are using a fictional character from a movie or book, cite the reference both in text and in the reference list (as you will do with any references you utilize.) You may not use yourself as the client.
Include the following:
- Client history
- Presenting Problem
- Symptoms of presenting problem
- Long-term goals
- Short-term objectives
- Therapeutic interventions shown for the person you have chosen.
Remember to identify who is going to provide the interventions if you are not doing so in this fictional scenario (Examples: Psychiatrist, Licensed Mental Health Professional, Case Manager, Addictions Therapist, etc.). The sample is written from the perspective of a licensed therapist who will be providing the majority of the interventions.
Make sure to:
- Refer to the sample in Moore & Jongsma on pages 8–11. You may use this treatment planner as a guide, but you may not simply repeat what you find in this text.
- Select a topic which is related to a Military Mental Health issue. You may not use suicidal thoughts or behaviors.
- Link objectives and corresponding interventions to the presenting problems and goals.
- Use Times New Roman 12-pt.
- Follow current APA formatting
- Refer to the grading rubric for further information on how this assignment will be assessed.
This assignment must be between 4–8 pages and must follow the template provided.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.