· internal policies that are required due to this law “Reporting Medical Errors”
· the underlying purpose of the law “Reporting Medical Errors”, and
· an assessment of the importance of compliance with this regulation for healthcare facilities in Saudi Arabia.
Your presentation should meet the following structural requirements:
· Be 5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference.
· Be formatted according to APA writing guidelines.
· Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of eight scholarly articles.
· Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.
· Internal Policies
· Underlying Purpose
· The Importance of Compliance
You can use the following materials as a start
Medication Errors Reporting from the Saudi Ministry of Health
1.1. The Pharmacy Department has an effective and consistent policy on how to handle medication errors, give appropriate instructions and precautions on how to identify, report, intervene, and analyze medication errors, and have a system in place for monitoring, and preventing future incidences.
1.2. Medication error reporting is an anonymous, non-punitive and strongly encouraged process.
1.3. Adherence to hospital medication policies by concerned individuals will avoid and/or minimize medication errors.
1.4. Medications errors, near misses, and hazardous situations shall be documented in the patient’s medical record.
2.1. To outline the process for monitoring, identifying and reporting Medication Errors, and initiating appropriate corrective measures.
2.2. To prevent and/or control potential and actual medication errors in order to enhance patient care, improve patient safety, and decrease liability and hospital cost.
Ministry of Health (MOH). (2018). Medication Errors Reporting Retrieved from:
Reporting Medical Errors
It is difficult to estimate the exact number of medical errors in the Kingdom. Nonetheless, we acknowledge that these incidents present a problem and need to be addressed. Check the link