- 1. Read Posted Evidence-Based Material Related to the Nursesâ€™ Role in Transitions of Care
- Cross, K., Johnson, P., Allard, B., & Shuman, C. (2020). Clinical nurse specialistâ€™s perceptions of transitioning into a rural community-based transitional care role. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 50(9), 456-461. doi: 10.1097/NNA.0000000000000916
- Mardani, A., Griffiths, P. & Vaismoradi, M. (2020). The role of the nurse in the management of medicines during transitional care: A systematic review. Journal of Multidisciplianry Healthcare,, 13, 1347-1361. doi: 10.2147/JMDH.S276061
- Garcia, C. (2017). A literature review of heart failure transitional care interventions. The American Journal of Accountable Care, 5(3), 21-25. https://www.ajmc.com/view/a-literature-review-of-heart-failure-transitional-care-interventions
- 2. Read Posted Evidence-Based Material Related to Interprofessional Collaborations and Patient Care Outcomes
- Reeves, S., Pelone, F., Harrison, R., Goldman, J., & Zwarenstein, M. (2017). Interprofessional collaboration to improve professional practice and healthcare outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Issue 6. Art. No.: CD000072. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000072.pub3.
- Hardin, L., Kilian, A., & Spykerman, K. (2017). Competing health care systems and complex patients: An inter-professional collaboration to improve outcomes and reduce health care costs. Journal of Interprofessional Education and practice, 7, 5-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xjep.2017.01.002 (Links to an external site.).
- Karam, M., Brault, I., Van Durme, T., & Macq, J. (2018). Comparing Interprofessional and interorganizational collaboration in healthcare: A systematic review of the qualitative research. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 79, 70-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.11.002
- Based on above readings, address the below questions/talking points. When applicable, use information from the above articles and your own literature search to support your responses. Be sure to provide in-text citations
- a. Define transitional care then discuss a time when you witnessed a failure in transition of care. What could have been done differently to improve patient outcomes? What was done well?
- b. Describe the role of the nurse in the transitional care for heart failure patients OR the management of medicines during transitional care.
- Describe the difference between interprofessional and interorganizational collaboration. Provide an example of each.
- c. Discuss how you as a nurse have been involved in interprofessional OR interorganizational collaboration. What was your impression of this process? How did this impact patient care? What did you learn from this?
© 2008-2018 - Top Quality Essays Inc. All Rights Reserved
Nursing Personal Statement Essay
Best Custom Essay Writing Service +1(781)656-7962
Write a comment: