This week, you will complete a annotated bibliography for a paper that will be due in Week 5. For more information on the required format of the bibliography please click on annotated bibliography template.
For Week 3 conduct a literature review choosing three of the following topic areas to research.
- The major developmental theories for the elderly population.
- The age-appropriate milestones and anomalies.
- The role of current trends and technology with regard to the increase or decrease in the quality of life for elderly individuals.
- The process of active aging and resiliency.
- The occurrence/nature of physical and social changes in aging individuals.
- The biological (e.g., brain, physiology) influences on aging and behavior.
- The nationwide concerns impacting the elderly (e.g., health disparities, healthcare, and prescription issues).
- The nature of geographic, gender, social, cognitive, emotional, and developmental factors in elderly development.
- The evolving nature of retirement, economic security/instability, and sexual orientation in the elderly.
- The nature of stress, coping, and resistance for the elderly.
Using the South University Online Library database (ProQuest or EBSCOHOST) only, find two journal articles related to each topic area chosen. (Your textbook, Wikipedia, or any other Web source will not be accepted for this assignment.) The journal articles have to be from a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal(s). The articles do not need to be empirical studies but are required to be from primary sources.
- Write a summary for each of the journal articles found.
- Write an analysis and evaluation for each of the journal articles found.