- Self-reflect on how you use humor in your life and in your practice.
- What are the best ways to operationalize humor to provide comfort and healing for your patients?
- In the era of pandemics, which therapeutic humor techniques could you use from the starter ideas list in the textbook? Explain how the techniques you have chosen impact the physiology of the body.
- Compare your results to one of the National Guidelines in your learning materials.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM). https://www.aamc.org/research/adhocgp/pdfs/nccam.pdf
- NIH: National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH). https://www.nccih.nih.gov
Take time to do something fun 136 It is beneficial if the nurse considers: When was the last time I did something fun just because it would be fun to do? Share something funny with another person Humor is a seed that, when sown, might grow to be even funnier next time it appears.
Lindquist, Ruth. Complementary & Alternative Therapies in Nursing, Eight Edition (pp. 135-136). Springer Publishing Company. Kindle Edition.