Please discuss the four spheres (workplace/workforce, government, associations and interest groups, and community) of political action in nursing. In addition, please develop a brief argument sharing how these spheres are interconnected and overlapping by applying an example from your practice. What are some ethical considerations here?
I currently work as a bedside nurse in a teaching hospital pursuing a master in nursing education
Please use these readings
Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H., & O’Grady, E. T. (Eds). (2016). Policy & politics in nursing and healthcare (7th ed.).
- Chapter 1: Frameworks for Action in Policy and Politics
- Chapter 2: A Historical Perspective on Policy, Politics and Nursing
- Chapter 3: Advocacy in Nursing and Health Care
- Chapter 6: A Primer on Political Philosophy
- Chapter 15: Health Policy, Politics, and Professional Ethics
Gambardella, L.C. (2011). Nursing and politics: Strange bedfellows or compatible partners in practice? Building a passion for political action. Nursing News, 35(2), 13.
Nault, D.S. (2012). Nurses and public policy. The Michigan Nurse, 85(1), 13-20.