This entire paper is about your vulnerable population, so each topic listed in the paper needs to be related to your chosen population; from the introduction to the conclusion, it is about your chosen group.//The Elderly.
The paper is to be five to eight pages in length, not including the title page, attachments, and reference pages. 6 pages is okay
- a. Introduction
- i WHOâ€™s definition of health
- ii Applying the WHOâ€™s definition of health to your vulnerable population.
- iii The concept of vulnerable individuals and populations, in general and then related to your specific group.
- b. Historical Perspectives of Health
- c. Levels of Prevention â€“ overview, brief
- i Primordial
- ii Primary
- iii Secondary
- iv Tertiary
- v Quaternary
- d The role of nursing, specifically APRNs, in health promotion and disease prevention, and advocacy,
- a. Introduction
- Section 2
- a. Health disparities related to your vulnerable group
- b. Cultural competency as a provider
- c. Defining resilience and applying to the vulnerable, specifically to your group.
- Section 3.
- Donâ€™t forget to use the media/website/video links, as they will provide a lot of great information). Focus on your specific vulnerable population group
- a. Using Mechanic and Tannerâ€™s 2005 article, is your vulnerable population a sinner or a victim and why?
- b. Social justice related to your population
- c. Low literacy within your population and how this affects their health
- d. Evaluate your vulnerable population related to current Healthy People Initiative guidelines â€“ what specifically relates to your group (Connect D and E)
- e. Discuss one primary health concern for your population and include the preventive guideline related to this concern and how you might motivate this group to make behavioral changes.
- f. Discuss use of Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) with your vulnerable population â€“ pros and cons. How can community-level plans/interventions influence individual and family health?
- g. Discuss what resources are available within your community for your specific population.
- Section 4
- a. The conclusion of your paper should bring all your information together.
- b. Discuss an approach for improving health literacy within your population
- c. Discuss how, as an APRN, you can impact vulnerable individuals in your community.
- d. Conclude with a summary of how we as a nation are doing with health promotion and disease prevention.
Note: This assignment is to be submitted in an APA paper format (that is, title page, title, introduction and purpose statement, body of the paper with a conclusion, appropriate citations, and reference page(s) along with attachments) as was your SmartThinking Report. Please make sure that ALL paragraphs are well developed, and have five to six sentences each, with citations for validity.
My vulnerable population is the ELDERLY
The writer demonstrates a well-articulated understanding of the subject matter in a clear, complex, and informative manner. The paper content and theories are well developed and linked to the paper requirements and practical experience. The paper includes relevant material that fulfills all objectives of the paper. Cites five or more references, using at least two new scholarly resources that were not provided in the course materials. All instruction requirements noted.
Through critical analysis, the submitted paper provides an accurate, clear, concise, and complete presentation of the required content. Information from scholarly resources is synthesized, providing new information or insight related to the context of the assignment by providing both supportive and alternative information or viewpoints. All instruction requirements noted.
The summary of the paper provides information validated via scholarly resources that offer a multidisciplinary approach. The studentâ€™s application in practice is accurate and plausible, and additional scholarly resource(s) supporting the application is provided. All questions posed within the assignment are answered in a well-developed manner with citations for validation. All instruction requirements noted.
Well-organized content with a clear and complex purpose statement and content argument. Writing is concise with a logical flow of ideas.
Correct APA formatting with no errors. The writer correctly identifies reading audience, as demonstrated by appropriate language (avoids jargon and simplifies complex concepts appropriately).Writing is concise, in active voice, and avoids awkward transitions and overuse of conjunctions. There are no spelling, punctuation, or word-usage errors