This paper is for my Theory & Practice class. Please follow the specific directions below:
One of the sources will be the course book: Knill, Christoph & Tosun, Jale (2018) Public Policy; A New Introduction, Macmillan International Higher Education, April 26, 2012; 376 pages
Im asking for at least 5 to 6 sources.
Paper should be in APA format.
Each paper must be 10-15 pages in length and must include:
- A description of the current controversies or challenges regarding the issue (why it isrelevant for the study of public administration)
- A review of the literature, which includes, at a minimum:
- An explanation of the history of this issue (major laws or regulations, milestone events, corresponding and competing values)
- A discussion of some comparative perspectives on the issue (how is the issue different in the public, private and nonprofit sectors; how is the issue different at the local, state or national level of government or in different regions of the country; OR how is the issue different in the United States and in other countries).
- A review of best practices regarding this issue (describe how this issue is handled in a high-performance organization or in a progressive jurisdiction).
Not included in the 15-20 pages are the following components: 1. A Title Page
2. An Abstract
3. Tables and Figures
For this assignment, students should use books, peer-reviewed journal articles, professional association publications, and electronic sources, and possibly interviews and organizational documents as reference materials. Your writing should reflect the style, tone and approach of professional journals in our discipline, such as Public Administration Review, The Review of Public Personnel Administration, The American Review of Public Administration, and Public Personnel Management.
Thank you so much!