This case study consists of one hypothetical patient situation.
For this assignment, you will address a series of questions regarding the care of the patient. Your answers should include specific reference to relevant guidelines and other clinical information. The national guidelines should also be considered with treatment plans. You should choose a specifics for tx that may include psychotherapy modalities, specific medications with dosing, titration etc… Be sure you include patient education and safety as well in your SOAP notes. I hope this helps. DO NOT TURN IN the SOAP NOTE TEMPLATE if used to analyze the case. This will cause your similarity score to be very high when you copy information directly from the case. Instead, only turn in an analysis paper of the case using the supplied paper template here.
Please use the attached SOAP note template as a guide to document the findings on this case and document the actual SOAP note in the (Week 4 NU643 Anxiety Case Study Template)
DO NOT COPY and PASTE data directly from the case. For this case study, we want you to summarize the information and synthesize your thoughts in APA paper format. â€œSynthesizing requires the reader to take that summary or retelling of the case and add in their assessments, interpretations, and connections to generate a working clinical treatment plan (classroom nook).â€
- Stahl, S. (2021). Essentials of Psychopharmacology, (5th edition). United Kingdom, Cambridge University Press, ISBN: 978-1108838573.
- Chapter 4: Psychosis, Schizophrenia, and Neurotransmitter Networks Dopamine, Serotonin and Glutamate
- Chapter 5: Targeting Dopamine and Srotonin Receptors for Psychosis, Mood, and Beyond So Called “Antipsychotics”
- Puzantian, T. & Carlat, D. (2016).Antipsychotic Information (PDF) Medication Fact Book for Psychiatric Practice (3rd ed.). Newburyport, MA: Carlat Publishing, LLC.
- The Carlat Report: FDA Approves First Drug to Treat Tardive Dyskinesia, June 2017
- American Psychiatric Association. (2013).â€¯Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (PDF) (5th ed.). American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- Scan pages 87â€“122.