Write a 3-4 page response to an employment questionnaire requiring a self-evaluation of your leadership and ethical experiences.
An understanding of one’s own approaches to leadership, motivation, collaboration, and ethical situations is important to the evolution of an effective leader. An introspective lens can help emerging leaders better understand and hone these important skills.
Download and review the Western Medical Enterprises Questionnaire found in the Resources. Use it to complete this assessment.
The following resource is required to complete the assessment.
Imagine that over the past few months you have participated in several organizational projects and met many new people. The opportunities to collaborate and demonstrate your emerging skills as a leader prompted you to think about applying for a new position. After exploring online job postings, you prepared a resume and submitted the application to Western Medical Enterprises. A few days later you received the following email:
Thank you for your interest in employment at Western Medical Enterprises. We have received your application packet. The next step for all potential employees is to provide a narrative response to the questions in the attached document. Please return your completed document to me by replying to this e-mail.
Once we receive your responses, we will review them and notify you of the next steps.
Thomas HardyHuman Resources RecruiterWestern Medical Enterprises
Respond to the scenario by completing the Western Medical Enterprises Questionnaire found in the Resources.
Please refer to the scoring guide for details on how your assessment will be evaluated.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills and practices used by effective healthcare leaders.
- Analyze one’s own leadership qualities and actions relative to a specific experience.
- Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Analyzes oneâ€™s own leadership and motivational techniques used to foster collaboration among stakeholders.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical codes and diversity best practices in health care organizations.
- Analyze actions taken in response to an ethical dilemma, using an ethical code.
- Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capellaâ€™s writing standards.
- Conveys clear meaning in active voice, with minimal issues in grammar, usage, word choice, spelling, or mechanical errors.