Textbooks (Free!) :
OS : OpenStax Psychology : cnx.org/contents/Sr8Ev5Og@9.33:F_mjYFfh@22
PSP : Principles of Social Psychology : opentextbc.ca/socialpsychology/
Identify a question you have about social psychology (some topic related to a theme in this class that you want to learn MORE about), and use google scholar to find scientific research on the topic, and then do a QUICK SCAN of the article. You don’t need to read every word – I just want y’all to get some practice getting the main ideas from a topic.
- While searching for an article, what is some of the jargon that researchers use to describe this topic?
- How much research does there seem to be on this topic?
- What can you learn about the topic just from scanning the titles of the results?
- Which article seems like the most important, or most relevant to your question? Why?
- Pick this article – what is this article? Use the Google Scholar ” button to export the citation here in APA format.
- Who wrote the article (authors) and where was it published (journal)? Do you trust this source? Why / why not?
- Use the “cited by” feature to see who has referenced this article. Do there seem to be any controversies in this research (replication efforts; different results; etc.)?
- What is something you learned about this topic from the article? Where in the article did you read this information?