- Buppert, C. (2018). Nurse practitionerâ€™s business practice and legal guide (6th ed.). Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
**Please see instructions for homework below. I am planning to practice in the state of Massachusetts. Please use assigned text above and include hyperlinks as indicated in the instructions below**
- Using the Nurse-Practitioner-Qualification Website select the state(s) you expect to practice in as an APRN and click on the link for the state Nurse Practice Act. This document is located on each State Board of Nursing and will identify the regulations for the NP scope of practice for that state. In addition, Appendix 2A in the Buppert text will provide you with information as well. Please review the nurse practice act and provide a summary of the scope of practice for NPs in the state you intend to practice. Make sure that you are submitting a summary and do not cut and paste information.
- Using the Nurse-Practitioner-Qualification Website feature, click on the state(s) you expect to practice in as an APRN and access the nurse practice act for that state. Review the information related to the stateâ€™s physician collaboration/supervision requirements, if applicable. Do not address prescriptive practices in this assignment. You are addressing the regulations related to practice in the advanced role. In addition, see Appendix 2B in the Buppert text. Provide a summary of any restrictions of practice and supervisory/collaborative practice agreements that are required related to the scope of practice. Make sure that you are submitting a summary and do not cut and paste information. Please provide a hyperlink to this information.
- Identify the Regulatory Agency for NP Practice See Appendix 3A in the Buppert text.
- Provide information related to the qualification and licensing for APRN s and include the hyperlink to where you located this information. Submit this as a summary and do not cut and paste information.
- Identify the NP qualification requirements (do not address prescriptive authority yet) for the state(s) in which you plan to practice as an APRN, which is accessible by clicking on the Nurse-Practitioner-Qualification Website. In addition, see Appendix 3B in the Buppert text.
- Identify the APRN licensing requirements for the state you intend to practice. Strive to create this as a summary and add a hyperlink for future reference, if available.