This week, you have been learning about how to conduct risk-benefit analyses. Review Lerman, Iwata, and Wallace’s 1999 article, “Side Effects of Extinction: Prevalence of Bursting and Aggression During the Treatment of Selfâ€Injurious Behavior [PDF],” from your readings this week. Then, consider the following intervention:
Use of an attention extinction alone procedure for self-injurious behavior (maintained by attention).
Complete the following:
- Conduct a risk-benefit analysis on the use of an attention extinction alone procedure for self-injurious behavior (maintained by attention). Feel free to use the Risk-Benefit Analysis [DOCX] worksheet and see an example of the completed worksheet on page 232 in your Ethics for Behavior Analysts text.
- Describe all the risk factors you identified.
- Describe all of the benefits you identified.
- Provide an overall conclusion of the risk-benefit analysis.
- Apply the ethical code, including specific elements, to this procedure. Explain how the specific elements you chose are relevant.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Employ academic communication skills that are scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, in a manner consistent with members of the counseling profession. Use current APA guidelines for grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Length: 2â€“3 pages, excluding the cover page and references list. Include page numbers, headings, and running heads. No abstract is required.
- References: Use scholarly research articles that are no more than five years old to support your work. Refer to the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Research Guide for help finding resources.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references. Review the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for guidance. Please be sure to fill out the chart along with the 2-3 page essay. Risk-Benefit Analysis [DOCX] worksheet and see an example of the completed worksheet on page 232 in your Ethics for Behavior Analysts text.
Write a comment: