In 2011, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published the first CDC Health Disparities and Inequalities Report (CHDIR). This report examined health disparities in the United States associated with various characteristics, including race/ethnicity, sex, income, education, disability status, and geography.Among other recommendations, the 2011 CHDIR emphasized the need to address health disparities with a dual intervention strategy that focuses on populations at greatest need and improves the health of the general population by making interventions available to everyone.Review the following PDF to learn more:MMWR: Strategies for Reducing Health Disparitiesâ€”Selected CDC-Sponsored Interventions, United States, 2014Create a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document that addresses the following:Compare the patterns of the major diseases of Hispanic/Latino groups and their rates and health effects between the other racial or ethnic groups living in the United States.Identify at least one consequence that a lack of access to healthcare has on Hispanics/Latinos.Explain why access to care issues will need to be monitored even more closely within the U.S. healthcare system beginning 2014.Find at least two scholarly journal articles that discuss all or at least one of the topic areas related to Hispanic/Latino health disparities in the United States. Provide a synopsis of each article.Explain what type of barrier(s) (structural, financial, or socio-cultural) each article examines? Describe at least two policies or strategies that can be implemented to improve access to healthcare services as they relate to the articles you reviewed
1. Research paper should be within 5yrs.
2. Accepted website to be used : Nursing journal , pubmed, Onesearch ( nursing database including , medline, proquest nursing & allied health.
3. APA citation
4. Make sure to focus on nursing intervention
5. think about the type of sources required: primary, secondary, popular,scholarly, peer-reviewed, professional?
Think about the kind of information required: overviews, factual, historical, biographical, statistics,opinions, news, research, literary criticism?
Think about the format of sources required: books, journal articles, newspaper articles, films, websites?
Think about the length of the paper? 3-5 pages plus cover sheet and reference page. year – How many sources you need? 5 years, 2 -3 page including references page.
Know the citation style you will be using. APA
l have attached the rubric for this paper
lastly Submit Research Paper Proposal by feb 15, 2022**** use the NU275 form for the proposal
Requirements for Paper
This is to be a 4-5 page paper MAXIMUM, (not including the title and reference page) in APA format (7th ed) answering the following questions. You do not need an abstract.
- Identify a patient problem you have in you work setting.
- What formal structures are in place to help address the problem?
- What evidence (as in journals or professional sites) is there for addressing and investigating the problem?
- What barriers did you face in searching for evidence?
- What databases did you access for evidence and why? (be specific).
- Find a clinical practice guideline from a source that publishes guidelines, such as the American College of Cardiology CHF guidelines, that would be suitable for the problem you identified. (Google â€œpatient guidelines_____â€ for the topic you choose. Give an overview of the guideline. Critically appraise the guideline using the AGREE II Instrument posted below.
- discuss a clinical practice problem from your place of employment
- find and discuss a clinical practice guideline that would address that problem
- critique the guideline using the agree II instrument within the body of the paper.
- you do not need to write up the 23 questions within the agree II but can use the 6 domain headings that the questions fall under. This is not a yes or no response. It is to be an interpretation of the guideline as related to the AGREE II instrument.
- submit this as a 4-5 page, 6th or 7th ed APA paper not including the title and reference pages. No abstract.
- do not submit the Agree II instrument either in the paper or as a separate document as it is to be encompassed within the body of the paper.