Consider the current Congress and Office of the President.
Discuss how contemporary activities of these two branches of the U.S. government compare and contrast with the intentions of the founders. Use specific examples, and include support from at least 3 sources, 1 of which can be your textbook (American Government by Krutz & Waskiewicz, 2017). Your examination of the topic should include information about the following:
- Structure and makeup of Congress
- Differences between the House of Representatives and the Senate
- Powers granted to Congress and the President under the Constitution
- Checks and balances of power, considering Congress, the President, and the judiciary
- Roles and responsibilities of the President
- Evolution of presidential power
- How bills become laws
Format your assignment in the following:
- 875-word paper
Include citations for all unoriginal ideas, facts, or definitions in an APA-formatted reference list.
Please advise if you can access this textbook online for citation reference purposes as this will help support more of the work.