This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 1: Employ appropriate health promotion and disease prevention strategies in the management of common acute and chronic health problems of adolescent and adult patients. (POs 1, 5)
- CO 2: Formulate appropriate diagnoses and evidence-based management plans of common acute and chronic health problems for adolescent and adult patients. (POs 1, 5)
- CO 3: Incorporate unique patient cultural preferences, values, and health beliefs in the care of adolescent and adult patients. (POs 1, 2, 3, 5)
- CO 4: Assess for common acute care conditions prevalent in adolescent and adult patients, including risk factors, signs, symptoms, treatments and preventive strategies. (POs 1, 5)
- CO 5: Conduct pharmacologic assessment addressing polypharmacy, drug interactions and other adverse events in the care of adolescent and adult patients. (POs 1, 5)
- CO 6: Apply evidence-based screening tools to perform cognitive, mental, and functional assessments for adolescent and adult patients as appropriate. (POs 1, 5)
- CO 7: Identify healthcare needs of at risk and marginalized populations. (POs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Reflect on your learning over the past eight weeks. Describe how achieving the course outcomes has prepared you to meet program outcome #5, MSN Essential VIII, and Nurse Practitioner Core Competency # 8.
â€¯â€¯Provide two specific examples from your clinical or course activities for each that demonstrate your achievement: Primary care outpatient setting ages 21 and up
Program Outcomeâ€¯#5:â€¯ Advocates for positive health outcomes through compassionate, evidence-based, collaborative advanced nursing practice.
MSN Essential VIII: Recognizes that the master’s prepared nurse applies and integrates broad, organizational, client-centered, and culturally appropriate concepts in the planning, delivery, management, and evaluation of evidence-based clinical prevention and population care and services to individuals, families, and aggregates/identified populations.
Nurse Practitioner Core Competency # 8: Ethics Competencies
- Uses ethical decision making.
- Analyzes ethical impact of all decisions.
- Understands ethical complexities in health care delivery to individuals and populations.