Readings are Attached: Must Read book: Bananeras by Dana Frank – Address each section of the book.
This reflection/response will include your name and a sub-heading for each reading. For the reading you will write 3-4 pages double spaced, in which you will answer the following questions:
• What did you not understand or find new and challenging from the reading?
• What questions for class discussion did it raise?
• What did you find most useful in the reading?
• What new terms and concepts were contained in the reading?
Note that these reading questions/reflections should NOT be a summary of the readings.
The purpose is:
1) that you demonstrate you have done the reading and given thought to it;
2) to identify what you did not understand and what you think is important to discuss in class, in relation to the course and to The Global Immigrant Justice Movement