A persuasive speech can be one of the most challenging types of presentation. For this type of presentation, you need to persuade someone to buy into your idea or approve your proposal. Your experience of composing a persuasive speech for this assignment will better prepare you to develop an effective poster presentation for your project. At the beginning of this course, you were presented with four potential humanitarian aid trip options that could be funded by the SNHU Humanitarian Aid Foundation. After reading the paper â€œAggressive and Violent Behavior Among Military Personnel Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan: Prevalence and Link With Deployment and Combat Exposure,â€ you are inspired to propose a new trip to the stakeholders.
By investigating the scholarly literature, you will answer the questions: What type of trip does this systematic review and meta-analysis inspire? Since the paper is greater than five years old, does the current evidence suggest that these issues are still relevant? What unique health challenge do you believe is feasible as a focus for improvement? How are the elements of occupational health, environmental health, violence, and injury connected to this situation? How could they be improved if a humanitarian aid trip were performed in this scenario?
Read the paper provided in the overview section. Your challenge is to persuade the foundation to adopt this issue as a potential humanitarian aid trip option. Begin your persuasive speech with a summary of what you are requesting. Be clear and concise about the purpose. Then, discuss how this trip addresses the elements of occupational health, environmental health, violence, and injury as presented in the module resources. Additionally, you should refrain from using the first person in order to maintain objectivity and professionalism in your presentation.
Note that you should cite at least three scholarly sources from your investigation. The evidence should not be older than five years. To access the Shapiro Library Guide: Nursingâ€”Graduate, go to the Start Here section of the course.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Request Statement: Provide a clear, concise, and persuasive summary of your request statement.
- Explore the programs and resources published since systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Provide a brief summary of the trip you propose to address this situation, and briefly prepare the audience to hear your persuasive statement.
- Population: Describe the population in this scenario. Be sure to include all relevant characteristics for painting a meaningful, detailed picture for your audience.
- Health Challenges: Examine the unique health challenges facing this population.
- Occupational Health: Explain the occupational health issues in connection to this situation.
- Environmental Health: Analyze the environmental contamination issues that contribute to this situation.
- Violence and Injury: Explain how the elements of violence and injury are connected to this occupational exposure and environmental contamination.
- Conclusion: Summarize and restate the request based on the evidence provided in your speech.
ARTICLE FOR REFERENCE LISTED IN “ADDITIONAL MATERIALS”