Part II: Discussion and Conclusion
- In the last 3-4 paragraphs, discuss how nursing practice has been or could be impacted by this issue and suggest 1-2 strategies that could help improve the issue in the workplace.
- Provide a clear and concise summary of what has been learned through exploration of the topic as it relates to nursing practice.
- You should include an abstract.
- 1. Author provides a clear and thorough description of how the chosen issue impacts nursing practice. Uses at least one source to support claims.
- 2. Author provides at least one strategy that could improve nursing practice as it relates to chosen issue. He/she demonstrates critical thinking; ideas are well thought out and expressed.
- 3. Author provides 2 additional peer-reviewed research articles supporting the intervention AND articles are current AND meet criteria for paper.
- 4. Authorâ€™s conclusion is logical and provides implications for how the information presented in the paper impacts nursing. Author draws appropriate conclusions based on information presented.
- 5. Perfect APA (author provides a title page and reference page which are free of APA errors & in-text citations are in APA style throughout paper) AND there is no plagiarism.
References used on part 1
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2020, September). Fact sheet: Nursing shortage.https://www.aacnnursing.org/news-information/fact-sheets/nursing-shortage
Beitz, J. M. (2019). Addressing the perioperative nursing shortage through education: A perioperative imperative. AORN Journal, 110(4), 403-414.https://aornjournal.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/aorn.12805
Buerhaus, P. I., Skinner, L. E., Auerbach, D. I., &Staiger, D. O. (2017). State of the registered nurse workforce as a new era of health reform emerges. Nursing Economics, 35(5), 229-237.https://www.aaacn.org/sites/default/files/documents/StateoftheRegisteredNurseWorkforce.pdf
Graystone, R. (2018). How MagnetÂ® designation helps hospitals tackle the nursing shortage. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 48(9), 415-416.https://journals.lww.com/jonajournal/fulltext/2018/09000/how_magnet__designation_helps_hospitals_tackle_the.2.aspx
Haddad, L. M., Annamaraju, P., & Toney-Butler, T. J. (2021, December 15). Nursing shortage. StatPearls [Internet].https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK493175/
Shaffer, F. A., & Curtin, L. (2020). Nurse turnover: Understand it, reduce it. Am Nurse, 15(8), 57-9.https://www.myamericannurse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/an8-Turnover-728.pdf
Uchmanowicz, I., Karniej, P., Lisiak, M., Chudiak, A., Lomper, K., WiÅ›nicka, A., Wleklik, M. &RosiÅ„czuk, J. (2020). The relationship between burnout, job satisfaction and the rationing of nursing careâ€”A crossâ€sectional study. Journal of Nursing Management, 28(8), 2185-2195.