Use information from the required readings and your own reading to address the following talking points. Use two additional peer-reviewed journal articles to support your answers.
1. Reflect on the following readings. Discuss three things that you learned.
2. How will this material impact the way you practice nursing?
3. Discuss the role of the nurse in end-of-life care?
- Read Posted Evidence-Based Material Related to the Nurseâ€™s in End-of-Life Care and Communication
- Coyle, N., Manna, R., Johnson Shen, M., Banerjee, S., Penn, S., Pehrson, A., Krueger, C., Maloney, E., Zaider, T., & Bylund, C (2015). Discussing death, dying and end of life goals of care: A communication skills training module for oncology nurses. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 19(6), 697-702. doi: 10.1188/15.CJON.697-702.
- Banerjee, S. C., Manna, R., Coyle, N., Shen, M. J., Pehrson, C., Zaider, T., Hammonds, S., Krueger, C. A., Parker, P. A., & Bylund, C. L. (2016). Oncology nurses’ communication challenges with patients and families: A qualitative study. Nurse Education in Practice, 16(1), 193â€“201. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2015.07.007 (Links to an external site.).
- Banerjee, S. C., Manna, R., Coyle, N., Penn, S., Gallegos, T. E., Zaider, T., Krueger, C. A., Bialer, P. A., Bylund, C. L., & Parker, P. A. (2017). The implementation and evaluation of a communication skills training program for oncology nurses. Translational behavioral medicine, 7(3), 615â€“623. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13142-017-0473-5d.
- Sekse, R., Hunskar, I, & Ellingsen, S. (2017). The nurseâ€™s role in palliative care: A qualitative meta-synthesis. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 27(1-2). https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.13912.2.
- Read Posted Evidence-Based Material Related to the Impact of End of Life Care on Nurses
- White, D., & Meeker, M. (2019). Guiding the process of dying: The personal impact on nurses. Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing, 21(5), 90-396. doi: 10.1097/NJH.0000000000000539b.
- Jonas-Simpson, C., Pilkington, B., MacDonald, C., & McMahon, E. (2013). Nursesâ€™ experiences of grieving when there is a perinatal death. SAGE Open. 3(2) 1-11. 3.
1. Reflects on the above readings. Discusses three things the student learned. Student addresses this talking point/question with at least 5 meaningful sentences.
2. Discusses the role of the nurse in end-of-life care. Student addresses this talking point/question with at least 5 meaningful sentences.
3. Student provides two additional references.
4.Citations/APA 7th style – In-text citations and reference are in correct APA 7th style.