Identify a non-herbal complementary treatment with purported mental health benefits. Examples include but are not limited to: light boxes, fidget toys, aromatherapy, yoga, meditation, Tai Chi, Qigong, breath exercises, massage, mental health apps, laughter yoga, acupuncture, aerobic exercise, guided imagery, mandalas, labyrinths, foot care, Himalayan salt lamps, etc. You are encouraged to choose a topic of interest to you.
Only one complementary treatment is to be chosen. Before you begin to answer the questions posted in the
Complete the following in a one-page summary:
- Describe the complementary treatment.
- What is it?
- What are its proposed benefits?
- Are there any risks?
- Describe access to the treatment – where do you find it, what are its costs?
- Is there evidence for your treatment? Expert opinion? If so, what is it?
- Based on your findings would you recommend this treatment? If yes, do you have population-specific recommendations?
- Use proper citations with APA format.