In this assignment, you will review the Geriatric Interactive Case Study patient scenario and analyze the data to determine the health status of the patient. You will need a minimum of two evidence-based practice articles to support your work.
- Use the SOAP Note document to organize your data for the case study assignment.
- Follow the requirements posted in the rubric.
- Interactive case studies should be three to five pages, excluding title and references pages.
- All papers must conform to the most recent APA standards.
- Be sure to include the questions listed at the end of the interactive case as listed below;
- Compile your information in SOAP Note format for organization.
- S: Differentials: List the three most likely differential diagnoses based on the chief complaint, with cited rationale (use DSM5 criteria to rule in/out). What is the etiology/pathophysiology associated with each diagnosis? What is the prevalence of each of these diagnoses?
- A: Choose one of your differentials as a primary diagnosis.
- P: Develop a plan of care for your chosen diagnoses, including the following:
- Diagnostic testing
- Pharmacologic interventions, including dosage, route, and frequency
- Nonpharmacologic interventions, including modality and frequency
- Education, including health promotion, maintenance, and psychosocial needs
- Safety plan
- Referrals required
- Follow-up, including return to clinic (RTC) in what time frame and reason, including any labs needed for next visit