Briefly answer the following questions and submit your response.
- What is a neurotransmitter?
- How are neurotransmitters secreted into the synaptic cleft?
- How does a neurotransmitter cause an action potential in a receiving neuron?
- How is the signal between neurons stopped?
- Briefly describe the Signal Transduction Cascadeâ€” what is the function of this process and how does it work?
- What are the differences between voltage-gated and ligand-ion channels? What functions do they have in the brain?
- What is a G-protein-linked receptor?
- What are agonist, partial agonist, antagonist, and inverse agonists and how do they affect signal transduction?
- Your assignment should be in APA format with evidence-based references to support your statements.