Discuss your current practice setting and how informatics is involved in your practice. Include what work-related tasks you complete using healthcare informatics and what server your facility uses. Lastly, think of one or two topics for the Signature Assignment project (look ahead to Module 8 for details) you will complete during this course and provide a brief description.
Please reply to at least two peers: In your current practice, is the use of informatics the same or different as your classmates? Provide additional thoughts or perspective on a classmateâ€™s topic selection that will help develop the selected topic. Also provide possible search ideas for selected topic based on your suggestions.
Module 8 Included below
Beginning in Module 1 of this course you have been researching a healthcare informatics topic of your choice. Present the findings in a recorded presentation between 7 and 12 minutes in length. The presentation should include a PowerPoint and oral presentation of the slides. There is no slide number requirement. Answer all questions thoroughly with the allotted time. PowerPoint allows you to record directly to each slide. Be sure to include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources using APA citations to support your claims. This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level. Use a recording platform of your choice and either upload as an mp4 or share the link directly to the video in the dropbox.
- Discuss your topic and its relationship to your current (or future) practice. Discuss why the topic is important in healthcare informatics.
- What research have you have found on the topic? Describe how each scholarly article relates to the topic and your current (or future) practice. Describe what conclusions you have drawn based on your research of the topic.
- What ethical or legal issues does this topic present?
- Create a plan for implementing a change (or justify the need for no change). Who needs to be involved? What training programs are needed? Is there a need for on-going training? Discuss how you would evaluate the success of the change (or the continued success of what you are currently doing). What is the cost to implement or maintain this change? Who will be financially responsible? How feasible is this change?
- Finally, identify how changes in public policy and technological advances in the future could impact this topic. What would those changes mean to the healthcare industry?