NU-650-15-23PCSP Adv Hlth Assessment/Nursing
- My courses
- Week 13: Mental Health Assessment
- Week 13 Discussion 1: Mental Health Assessment and Screening
Week 13 Discussion 1: Mental Health Assessment and Screening
Done: View To do: Make forum posts: 1
Value: 100 points
Due: Create your initial post by Day 3. Reply to at least two of your classmates by Day 7.
Grading Category: Assignments: Discussions/Journal
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
The described expectations meet the passing level of 80%. Students are directed to review the Discussion Grading Rubric for criteria that exceed expectations.
The purpose of this discussion is to explore different strategies and tools available to assess for mental health disorders and disorders of cognitive function.
**Please note the following:
- Scholarly sources include current peer-reviewed sources, practice guidelines from professional organizations, and databases used for clinical decisions making (such as UpToDate). Your course materials, textbooks, and websites do not count as scholarly sources.
- In order to obtain full credit, you must interact on more than three days. Posting your initial post and each peer post on a different day for three days total is only an 8/10 for this section of the rubric. An additional post that is substantive and adds to the conversation (not just â€œI agreeâ€ or â€œnice workâ€) is required to get 10/10 in this area of the rubric.
- A 100 in the discussion means you have exceeded the minimum requirements and the faculty does not have any suggestions for room for improvement for you.
Choose a mental health or cognitive function disorder. Describe how a patient with this disorder may present to the clinical setting. What might show up in their subjective assessment? Would there be any findings that may be present during the objective assessment?
Your initial post should use at least three scholarly sources to support your description of how the relationship and/or assessment may be affected.
Please respond to a minimum of two peersâ€™ initial posts. Your reply post should include strategies for screening and assessing for the disorder discussed in the initial post. You can include screening tools if available, discuss any additional subjective or objective findings you would look for that your peer may have left out, and discuss how you may need to change your assessment or your approach to best complete your health assessment.