W 6 Discussion 1: Menâ€™s Health Planning
This discussion will allow you to examine several different preventive guidelines related to men’s health. Choose one of the following topics and respond to the thread corresponding to the question you select. Please include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.
Note: As you are choosing a topic, please try to make sure that all topics are chosen by at least one person. You can see this by noting if anyone has posted to the topic within the corresponding threads.
Topic 2: Prostate Cancer Screening
Your patient is an otherwise healthy, white 55-year-old man who presents for his annual physical. He has a history of hypertension and takes Losartan 50 mg daily. His family history is negative for cardiovascular disease or cancer. His review of systems is negative. The patient is a paramedic and exercises regularly. The patientâ€™s BMI is 23. He states that one of his friends was diagnosed with prostate cancer and asks if he needs to be screened.
- 1. Which screening guidelines would you utilize?
- 2. Keeping the guideline you used in mind, explain and provide rationales for
- whether you would change your recommendations if:
- a. the patient had a family history of prostate cancer.
- b. the patient was African American
- c. the patient was 78