The focus of my paper would be to explore the prevalence of non-compliance with treatment and management of hypertension among men of African American descent living in the United States using the (Giger& DavidHizer) transcultural nursing theory.
- Your paper is to be written on a scholarly level with strict adherence to APA Guidelines and must be fully supported by primary resources and theoretical articles of a scholarly nature.
- You will include a title page, table of contents, and reference list.
- The body of the paper will start with an introduction and end with a conclusion, followed by references.
- Use headings and subheadings as appropriate to maintain organization of your paper (See APA Manual). You are required to use the headings of the Culture Paper Guidelines.
- You are required to adhere to APA format. The body of the paper (not counting the title page, table of contents, and reference list) should be 10 to 15 pages in length.
- You are not required to include an abstract of the paper.
- As with all assignments, you are required to adhere to academic integrity. See the Academic Integrity section of our NU 716 Course Syllabus.
Here are some “helpful hints” for your Culture Paper:
- You are required to use the Culture Paper Headings for your Culture Paper Draft, Culture Paper Presentation, and Final Culture Paper. Have easy access to your APA manual. It will help with writing your paper.
- Reference all work that is not your own or is common knowledge, such as “alcoholism is a serious problem.”
- Only use websites that are classified as “org.” sites, such as CDC, NIH, NLN, AACN. Websites should be used judiciously.
- Do not use broad assumptions without data.
- Write in your own words.
- Do not use colloquial statements.
- Review the Sample Paper (PDF) for additional guidance.
- You may not use basic nursing resources (RN, American Journal of Nursing) and basic nursing textbooks.