Please do not use any of the Nurse Daniel information for your own topic, nursing intervention, or change project. Nurse Daniel serves as an example only to illustrate the change process.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: Evidence-Based Practice Change Process Assignment Tutorial (Links to an external site.) or by reading the transcript (Links to an external site.).
- Download the EBP Change Process form (Links to an external site.) during Week 1. The use of this specific form is REQUIRED
- Identify a clinical topic and related nursing practice issue you think needs to be changed.
- Locate a systematic review on your topic from the CCN Library databases. Be sure this involves nursing actions.
- Work through each step of the ACE Star Model as outlined on the assignment form (Star Points 1-5: Discovery, Summary, Translation, Implementation, and Evaluation). Respond to the instructions provided on the form.
- Follow the activities and thinking of Nurse Daniel in Weeks 1-6 in the ‘Illustration’ part of each lesson. He will be working through a clinical topic and nursing practice issue to demonstrate a change (ACE Star Model and systematic review).
- Work on a portion of the process each week, as the illustration unfolds.
- Please reach out to your instructor for feedback or assistance with your PICOT question as needed.
- Required and Additional Background Reading in Weeks 1 and 2 under Readings is available for more information on the ACE Star Model and the use of systematic reviews.
- Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Please cite any references (in APA format) of your systematic review or other scholarly document (optional) as needed.
- Paraphrasing information, rather than quoting, is expected. No quotes for this assignment please!
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Week 6 Assignment: EBP Change Process form
ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation
Follow Nurse Daniel as your process mentor in the weekly Illustration section of the lesson. Please do not use any of the Nurse Daniel information for your own topic, nursing intervention, or change project. Nurse Daniel serves as an example only to illustrate the change process.
Star Point 1: Discovery (Identify topic and practice issue)
Identify the topic and the nursing practice issue related to this topic. (This MUST involve a nursing practice issue.)
Briefly describe your rationale for your topic selection. Include the scope of the issue/problem.
Star Point 2: Summary (Evidence to support need for a change)
Describe the practice problem in your own words and formulate your PICOT question.
List the systematic review chosen from the CCN Library databases. Type the complete APA reference for the systematic review selected.
List and briefly describe other sources used for data and information. List any other optional scholarly source used as a supplement to the systematic review in APA format.
Briefly summarize the main findings (in your own words) from the systematic review and the strength of the evidence.
Outline one or two evidence-based solutions you will consider for the trial project.
Star Point 3: Translation (Action Plan)
Identify care standards, practice guidelines, or protocols that may be in place to support your intervention planning (These may come from your organization or from the other sources listed in your Summary section in Star Point 2).
List your stakeholders (by title and not names; include yourself) and describe their roles and responsibilities in the change process (no more than 5).
What specifically is your nursing role in the change process? Other nursing roles?
List your stakeholders by position titles (charge nurse, pharmacist, etc.). Why are the members chosen (stakeholders) important to your project?
What type of cost analysis will be needed prior to a trial? Who needs to be involved with this?
Star Point 4: (Implementation)
Describe the process for gaining permission to plan and begin a trial. Is there a specific group, committee, or nurse leader involved?
Describe the plan for educating the staff about the change process trial and how they will be impacted or asked to participate.
Outline the implementation timeline for the change process (start time/end time, what steps are to occur along the timeline).
List the measurable outcomes based on the PICOT. How will these be measured?
What forms, if any, might be used for recording purposes during the pilot change process. Describe.
What resources are available to staff (include yourself) during the change pilot?
Will there be meetings of certain stakeholders throughout the trial? If so, who and when will they meet?
Star Point 5: (Evaluation)
How will you report the outcomes of the trial?
What would be the next steps for the use of the change process information?