Part 1: Legal Issues Facing Nurses
Research common legal issues in health care or choose one of the legal case studies from the Nurses Service Organization.
Select a legal case study of interest or area in which you have experience.
Analyze the legal case study and ensure you include the following:
- Summarize the legal issues present in the case.
- Brainstorm risk mitigation techniques that the hospital could have employed to prevent the situation.
- Determine actions the nurse could have taken to improve the outcome.
Cite at least 3 evidence-based, peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years to support your positions.
Part 2: Applying Regulations in Varying Care Settings
There are common overarching standards in health care regulation, but there are important differences depending on the practice setting. Examine conditions of coverage and participation specific to different types of health care organizations.
Choose 2 different practice settings: one that represents where you currently work or have worked and another that you are interested in exploring.
Examine the similarities and differences in conditions of coverage and participation related to your 2 chosen factors.
Consider the following:
- Staffing requirements
- Release of patient records
- Patient rights
- Administrative structure
- Another aspect relative to the specific care environment
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years.