- Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
Critical appreciation of how types of leadership/management styles differ depending on history, culture, geographic life and conditions and how they impact people performance, followers and productivity.
- Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
Critically evaluate leadership/management styles, leadership problems and challenges and your personal leadership capabilities and needs for future development.
Produce a written report of that critically assesses and evaluates Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) using organisational systems and structures theory (vMEME) and all the types of approaches and models of organisational strategy it contains.
Critically analyse particular leadership problems and challenges through critical evaluation and appropriate application of theory
1. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles differ depending on history, culture, geographic life and conditions
2. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles impact people performance, productivity
3. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles determine who will ‘follow and how’.
4. Critically evaluate your personal leadership capabilities and critically analyse the need for future development
Through application of Seven Leadership Mindsets Theory (vMEME) you will have a tool (and the skill) to critically assess and evaluate all types of organisational and sector theories worldviews that include USA, UK, China, European countries, India, Oman, GCC, African countries, etc. Leadership is different depending on the relevant mindset (life conditions, how humans individuals adapt to successfully compete and socio-cultural elements). Inevitably leadership mindset impacts everything in a company – strategy, people, performance, productivity, etc.
1. From a consideration of the theory, research, science, and characteristics of organisations identify and assess:
- The seven structures and systems present in Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)
- Analyse and describe how the present Leadership Value Systems and Structures in Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)impact on leadership, management and staff.
- Consider and analyse differences to your competitors (local or global)
- Consider to what extent are these differences positive points of differentiation or negative traits of the organisation
2. Now that you understand your organisations’ structure consider Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)’ sector. Critically analyse:
- How has your sector evolved?
- In what way do they differ to your competitors (local or global)
- To what extent are these differences positive points of differentiation or negative traits of the organisation
3. Having examined change and transformation critically assess an analyse how to ensure Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) continued growth and success, organisations need to undertake transformation and growth.
- What kinds of changes are taking place in your sector and what do you believe the most successful organisations are doing to embrace the changes required to deliver continued success?
- To what extent is the Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) at the forefront of this transformation (or maybe it is trailing some of the best organisations in the sector). Give examples of specific actions and leadership behaviours you are seeing to underpin your view.
4. Every organisation faces challenges and problems, which can be driven from rapid growth or serious decline. Identify and critically assess:
- The top two or three big issues in Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) is facing
- Key actions Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) needs to take to put it on a path of future sustainable success.
Very important notes:
- Assess and demonstrate understanding of how varying leadership styles impact upon the organisation and sector and systems
- Evaluate and compare the impact of leadership types upon followers.
- Reflect on aspects of your leadership capability and needs for future personal and organisational development
*** Words count = 3200 words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.