Dermatology Case Study
Answer the following questions and provide rationales with supporting evidence for your choices using APA formatting. Integrate two evidence-based resources to include clinical practice guidelines as well as the course textbook.
Jason Ferguson is a 15-year-old boy who weighs 110 pounds. Jason is seeking treatment for a very itchy rash consisting of linear streaks of papules, vesicles, as well as blisters on his arms, legs, and face. He tells you he was hiking in the woods two days ago on trails that were lined with patches of shiny weeds that had three leaves. He tried using calamine lotion and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream but has had no relief from the itching.
Diagnosis: Contact Dermatitis (Poison Ivy)
- 1. List specific goals of treatment for J. F.
- 2. What drug therapy would you prescribe? Why?
- 3. What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy?
- 4. Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy.
- 5. List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
- 6. What would be the choice for second-line therapy?
- 7. What over-the-counter and alternative medications would be appropriate for J. F.?
- 8. What lifestyle changes would you recommend to J. F.?
- 9. Describe one or two drugâ€“drug or drugâ€“food interactions for the selected agent.
Write a comment: