- WeServeEveryone Clinic.docx(15.942 KB)
As the IT specialists of an organization you should be aware of software programs such as VeraCrypt that allows users to create hidden volumes inside other files such as a picture or word document. We have talked about outsider threats and now covering insider threats.
From the previous exercise an employee was suspected of saving client username and passwords. One obvious point – to find hidden drives is by looking at the file size for most word documents and images sizes are in megabytes. While a file that normally should be small is 2 GB on an employees workstation should draw a red flag.. For a better understanding you will do the following.
- Watch the video (below)
- Download VeraCrypt
- Input the attached file inside a hidden volume
- Take screen shots of the process, after every screenshot write a brief description of what is happening in the picture.
In the “conclusion” section answer the questions:
- What is an insider threat?
- Do you recommend that employees be able to download and install programs without permission?
2 peer reviewed article as reference
Content of the paper