Please answer the following questions from Chapter 11: Each response (A-C) should be a minimum of 100 words. Please includee at least 1 key term in your response and PLEASE Underline or put the terms in BOLD:
Please submit your responses by Sunday, November 17 (10PM)
Questions are 5 points each. / Multiple Choice Questions 1 Point each
A) By 2010, most Latin American countries were ruled by members of the “new left.” What did they believe in? How did they come to power?
B) Who were the neoliberals, and what did they want?
C) Briefly explain the situation of Latin American immigration to the United States.
Multiple Choice Q’s:
1) Which of the following ideas did the new left oppose?
- the free market
- social distribution
2) According to the author, which country was considered the neoliberal poster child?
3) Which country voted Evo Morales as president in 2006?
4) Capitalism, how did leaders of the new left react towards it?
- They rejected it.
- They embraced it with open arms.
- They understood it was unavoidable.
- They were indifferent to it.
5) What do all Zapatistas have in common?
- They all have some kind of indigenous descent.
- They are wealthy.
- They want to be powerful.
- They promote land redistribution.