I Choose heart disease in vulnerable populations
PurposeThe purpose of this PowerPoint assignment is to expand your knowledge about a vulnerable
population. The assignment provides the opportunity to develop a PowerPoint presentation
that identifies a health problem specific to a vulnerable population (ie. migrant workers) and
interventions the community health nurse can implement.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
2) Examine the interrelationships among theory, practice, and research as a foundation for public
health and community care nursing practice. (PO4, PO6)
3) Analyze a focused assessment of diverse communities that may include physical, psychosocial,
socioeconomic, spiritual, cultural, educational, health care, and environmental then select
appropriate learning activities to meet identified learning needs. (PO1)
7) Evaluate strategies used by public and community health nurses to improve the health status
and eliminate health disparities of vulnerable populations. (PO5)
9) Describe nursing roles that meet the emerging health needs of individuals, families, communities
and populations and integrate evidence-based guidelines for health promotion and disease
prevention to improve healthcare outcomes. (PO2, PO6)
Assignment Total Points
This PowerPoint assignment is worth a total of 270 points.
AssignmentIn this assignment, the student will identify a health problem that is specific to a vulnerable population
(ie. migrant workers). Evidence-based primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions will be identified
to address the specific health problem for this population. The student will provide a PowerPoint
presentation that includes an introduction and current evidence from the literature. A minimum of four
current articles are required for support.
Guidelines for Content
1. Create a PowerPoint presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint.
2. Find four (4) current articles for supporting evidence of the selected topic.
3. Develop the following slides for your PowerPoint presentation.
a. Introduction (2 slides)
i. Describe the purpose of the presentation.
ii. Include the community health nurse’s role and responsibilities in the
importance of the health problem. b. Supporting Evidence (2 slides per article)
i. Use at least 4 current articles for supporting evidence.
ii. Primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions must be supported.
iii. Prepare two (2) slides for each of the articles supporting your topic.
c. Conclusion (1 or 2 slides)
i. Summarize the presentation and do not introduce new information.
4. Reference Slide (1 or 2 slides)
a. Must place in-text citations on slides.
5. Adhere to APA format
Format for PowerPoint
1. Text Guidelines
â€¢ Adhere to 6 x 6 Rule
o No more than 6 words per line.
o No more than 6 lines per slide.
â€¢ Times New Roman or Verdana font.
â€¢ Font size between 14 and 24.
â€¢ If using graphics or picture, limit one per slide
2. What to Avoid on a Slide?
â€¢ Avoid long sentences.
â€¢ Avoid fancy, script type fonts because they are hard to read.
â€¢ Avoid abbreviations and acronyms.
â€¢ Do not use all capital letters because the word is difficult to read.
3. Must have a minimum of 12 slides.