- A – Read Posted Evidence-Based Material Related to the Nurseâ€™s Role in Health Promotion
- Ernelind, N., Wirkensjo, H., Pangastuti, H. S., Perdana, M., Widyawati, W., & Leep, M. (2019). Nurseâ€™s experiences of health promotion and prevention of cardiovascular diseases related to smoking. International Archives of Nursing and Health Care, 5(124). DOI: 10.23937/2469-5823/1510124b.
- Fooladi, M., (2015). The role of nurses in community awareness and preventative health. International Journal of Community Based Nursing and Midwifery, 3(4), 328-329.
- B – Read Posted Evidence-Based Material Related to Promoting Health and/or Preventing Illness in Nurses
- Ross, A., Bevans, M., Brooks, A., Gibbons, S., & Wallen, G. (2017). Nurses and health-promoting behaviors: Knowledge may not translate into self-care. Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses Journal, 105(3), 267-275. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016%2Fj.aorn.2016.12.0184.
- C – https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/tools/infographics.htm
- D – https://www.registerednursing.org/nclex/health-promotion-disease-prevention/
Submit Infographic (health promotion or illness prevention):
- Infographics are a visual form of communication that promotes health education and raise awareness about a chronic disease. The student should submit a health infographic on a topic of their choice. It should be clear, concise, easy to understand and informative. Information for the infographic should be accurate and up-to-date. At least two references are required and should be provided in APA style.
1. The student provides content that is accurate, detailed and informative. Information supports the overall purpose.
- 2. All graphics are related to and enhance the overall message.
- 3. The student makes excellent use of font, color, and space to enhance the overall message.
- 4. The student submits an infographic that has fewer than 3 misspellings and grammatical errors. The student correctly uses punctuation, capitalization throughout the infographic.
- 5. Student uses at least 2 peer-reviewed journal articles or government
- websites that are current (< 5 years).
- 6. Student provides an attached reference page that contains no APA errors.