In the final essay, you will select one of your Position Papers and develop it into a 5-7 page research paper about whether a particular piece of healthcare technology affirms or denies human dignity.
Content Requirements (see also outline below):
- Concise introduction that provides context for the discussion and includes a clear thesis statement.
- Well-organized body paragraphs that include a topic sentence, relevant evidence using the evidence sandwich method, and a connector sentence to link the analysis back to the main point of the essay.
- Clear conclusion that reiterates the thesis statement and considers the â€œso whatâ€ or broader implication of this particular form of healthcare technology.
- Thorough, critical, and thoughtful analysis of a type of healthcare technology and human dignity, using ample evidence and examples to support all claims.
- Use of at least 5 credible, relevant sources. Where possible, avoid using quotes by instead summarizing or paraphrasing study results and other information. You may use any of the course materials in addition to outside research.
- Accurate APA citations throughout, both in-text and in the References page, for all sources used.Form Requirements:
- Appropriate grammar, spelling, and syntax for a formal academic essayo Remember: academic writing should be straightforward and use active voice throughout.
- Minimum 5-7 full pages of writing. This does not include the title page or references page.
- Follow all APA formatting requirements, including title page, font, headers, margins, etc. Topic:
- Expand one of your Position Papers into a longer, more thorough essay.Grading:
â€¢ The final paper will be graded holistically using a rubric, based on how well you adhere
to each of the content and form requirements.
- First Draft: submit your complete first draft prior to your individual conference inModule 6. Note: â€œcompleteâ€ doesnâ€™t have to mean â€œperfectâ€! It just has to mean that youhave a full 5 pages of developed material.
- Final Draft: due at the end of Module 7. Please see the syllabus for exact due dates.
1) Sources no later than 5 years
- 2) Please send me the final paper rough draft by October 16 before the final paper.
- 3) I choose this proposition paper because I got A for it and you wrote this paper for me at the beginning of the semester.