Using the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria and evidence-based scholarly articles, chose an eating or feeding disorder and answer the following questions:
- Explain the neurology of this eating or feeding disorder. Does the characterization of this eating or feeding disorder as a mental illness surprise you? What are your thoughts on the personal and/or cultural implications of classifying an eating or feeding disorder in this way, as opposed to a lifestyle choice or a matter of willpower? How might you support a family (or client) who is resistant to this seeing an eating or feeding disorder as a mental illness?
- Describe changes in personality and social behavior that might be seen with this eating or feeding disorder. How would you assess for these changes?
- Provide an overview of the health consequences and medical complications of this eating or feeding disorder.
- Create a treatment plan for an individual diagnosed with this eating or feeding disorder using family-based therapy or other evidence-based therapy.
Criteria for this paper:
- Answer these questions succinctly, integrating resources to provide rationale for all decisions.
- You may use narrative, bullets, or a table format for various sections of this discussion assignment.
- Your paper should be two to three pages long, not including the reference page.
- Use at least one reference from CINAHL (available through the Regis library) to support your rationale.