As an MSN professional nurse working with a new nursing team on part of a series of training seminars, you have been asked to present some ideas for improving health outcomes in clients suffering from a chronic condition or disease.
Create a presentation with speaker notes that discusses the determinants of a chronic disease or condition and how these can be used to help improve health outcomes for your client population. Provide specific evidence from at least two scholarly sources to support your claims.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Disease Characteristics: Choose a chronic disease or condition and briefly describe its prevalence and/or incidence either in the United States or globally.
- Determinants: Describe three determinants for the selected disease, including determinants from at least three different categories (e.g., behavioral, environmental). How did you identify these determinants?
- Significance: Identify the determinants that have the most impact on your chosen disease or condition. Include the following details in your response:
- Identify the ones that seem to be the most important for disease occurrence.
- Explain how you reached this conclusion.
- Recommendation: Recommend an intervention for each determinant you identified. How will these interventions help improve the health outcomes of the disease or condition?
What to Submit
Your submission should be a PowerPoint presentation with 6 to 8 slides, including detailed speaker notes. Also, include a title slide and a reference slide. Sources should be cited according to APA style.