For this Discussion, you are asked to evaluate the use of a health information system and other resources in your practicum setting. What are the implications of resource use in terms of planning for and implementing your proposed evidence-based change?
- Consider the benefits and limitations of the use of a health information system within your practicum setting. What impact do you think this might have for your proposed evidence-based change? Draw upon at least one relevant example of a current or previous change initiative at your setting as you assess this. (If your setting does not have a health information system, you can still discuss the benefits and limitations of not having a health information system as it relates to this change.)
- What other resources (e.g., financial, staffing, materials) are important to consider as well? Why?
- Be prepared to support your Discussion postings with evidence from the literature and specific examples related to your practicum setting.
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Within your practicum setting, what are the benefits and limitations of using a health information system? How might this impact planning for and implementing your proposed change?
- Describe three potential resource considerations that could facilitate or inhibit your proposed change and explain your rationale.