1. Locate a lay press article from a national newspaper, for example, from The New York Times, The Washington Post, or other national publication. The article should be no more than three (3) years old.
Locate an article on one of the following topics:
- Sex trafficking
- Environmental global health issue: For example, but not limited to: Safe water, sanitation, disasters, or oral health.
2. Read over your chosen article and respond to the following:
- Provide a summary of your article. Include the name of the newspaper and author, as well as date of publication.
- Include data that supports the significance of the topic. For example, related deaths, health care costs, demographic information.
- During epidemiology and population health have discussed the determinants of health, at-risk groups, social justice theory, outcomes, inter-professional collaboration, advocacy, and other concepts related to epidemiology and population health. How do the concepts addressed epidemiology and population health relate to your article’s topic? Provide definitions and examples in your writing.
- Integrate information from the World Health Organization and the SDG’s.
Resources: (If links do not work, please search using related terms/names below).
U.S. Office on Trafficking in Persons: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/otip (Links to an external site.)
Partners for Vulnerable Youth: Founded by National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners: https://www.napnappartners.org/content/provider-education (Links to an external site.)
Kaiser Global Health Policy: https://www.kff.org/global-health-policy/ (Links to an external site.)
CDC and Global Health: https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/index.html (Links to an external site.)