Think about the details expressed in your Evidence-based practice paper in Nursing 8400 or your DNP Scholarly Project. In those documents, you described your plan for evaluation. Which evaluation method(s) did you select for your project? What new insights associated with the evaluation of your project have you gained since you developed your project Proposal?
For this Discussion, you examine your identified evaluation methods and consider how appropriate they now seem for your project. As you do this, think about principles of evidence-based practice and appropriate theoretical frameworks that relate to this assessment of your evaluation plan. If there are circumstances that prevent you from assessing your project evaluation plan, you may complete this Discussion using a different evidence-based project.
- Review the examples of evaluation presented in the Miake-Lye et al. and McNabney et al. articles listed in the Learning Resources. Also, consider the evaluation strategies suggested by Dr. Mauk in the Weeks 4 and 5 media presentation.
- Analyze the evaluation plan you developed as part of your project Proposal. Which evaluation method(s) did you identify for your project?
- If you have already concluded the evaluation phase of your project, what would you do differentlyâ€”specific to the evaluation planâ€”if you could?
- If possible, compare your project with similar evidence-based projects presented in other articles from your review of the literature. Specifically, look at others who had a similar research question or intervention but evaluated it differently. Consider similarities and differences in outcomes of these projects. What insights related to your project does this analysis provide?
- For this Discussion, you may also consider the evaluation of other evidence-based projects implemented in your practicum setting. Discuss this topic with individuals in your practicum setting to strengthen your understanding of the evaluation of these projects.
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Describe the strengths and limitations of the evaluation plan for your Project or another evidence-based project. Share insights and opportunities for improvement that can inform future evidence-based projects.